Vintage Floral Bridal Shower Invitation

Bridal Shower invitation by Real Card Studio letterpress printed
in Plum ink with flowers hand colored in pencil

Inspiration board by client (sorry, photo sources unknown)

Since I design invitations for "the trade", I don't do a lot of one-on-one with customers for their specific events, so it is always a treat for me when I get to design invitations for friends and family, it's a chance for me to play.

This is an invitation that I'm working on for my aunt, and I'm loving it, and thought I'd share it with you. My niece provided the inspirational photos for how she is doing the event's decor, calling it "hippie southern vintage". I have to admit, "hippie" is not usually a word people use to describe my work, but I think I pulled it off!

My favorite part of the floral invitation here is that since we're doing such a low quantity, a mulit-color print run would be too expensive, so we're actually going to hand-color the flowers, which I think adds to the loose and natural look of this bridal shower invitation.

What do you think-- can I do hippie?