Modern Illustrated Wedding Party Program

No. 4 of 2010


In my countdown to the new year, my fourth favorite project this year was this modern take on the traditional wedding program. All the ceremony elements are represented, including the nuptial mass order of service, however this doesn't look like a traditional program.

Inspired by this wedding program by Real Card Studio, featured on Style Me Pretty, for Kara Underwood Gordon, owner of Magnificent Milestones for her own wedding. Paired with Real Card Studio's Sidecar shaped card and tag, the combo has been amazingly popular. I used this design again when I designed the wedding program for my close friend's wedding this summer and witnessed first hand the reaction guests had to the bridal party illustrations. It really drew them in, and my friend says that people are still commenting on her programs almost 6 months later.

The reason this modern illustrated wedding program made my top ten list this year, however, is the custom illustration. The artwork here is not clip art, the very talented Seattle artist Juli Douglas illustrated these simple figures using photos of the bride's actual gown, bridesmaid's dresses and the men's suits. The super-personalization of this program makes it all that much more special in my book.

Color Palette: Navy + Yellow



Real Card Studio partnered with the Wedding Library in NYC to create this invitation.
Concept of the silhouette bridal party program by Magnificent Milestones in Chicago, IL