Lustrous Holiday Greeting in Silver and Black



No. 1 of 2010

Foil printing, custom illustrated snowflakes, metallic paper, velvet ribbon
Black Velvet, Matte Silver foil, Black Eclipse, Granita shimmer paper

My pick for #1 in my Top Ten of 2010 projects is beautiful. This holiday card was the combination of a few simple tweaks on two of Real Card Studio's Holiday Collection designs, Sterling and Garland. But this client made selections that reflected their own style and sophistication.

Changing the colors on this card from silver and soft white to silver and black had tremendous impact. And substituting the seafoam satin ribbon with black velvet was a very smooth move. Although black and silver ink would have worked to keep this card letterpress printed, the glossy veneer of black and silver foil printing was the perfect finishing touch.

So there you have it. There were many more great projects that were worthy of this list. Some that would have made the count, I had already blogged about, and others would have if I'd just taken better photos. I hope you've enjoyed seeing these as much as I have enjoyed sharing them. I'll definitely do this again next year, and I'll start keeping track in January for a truly spectacular countdown in 2011!
Color palette: Black Velvet + Matte Silver


Real Card Studio partnered with stationery professionals Jim and Alison at Kate's Paperie to create this bad boy.