2012 Holiday Card Mixes Wood with Red and Black Gold

Letterpress printing, New Year card, cherry wood veneer card, black glitter envelope, red ikat
Real Card Studio's "Lychee" holiday card in cherry wood, black glitter envelope, letterpress printing in gold ink and native diamond pattern in red, warm red, black and gold.

Letterpress printing, happy New Year 2013 holiday card, cherry wood veneer card, art deco typography
Gorgeous cherry wood card with letterpress printing in gold ink

Letterpress printing, happy New Year 2013 holiday card, cherry wood veneer card, art deco typography

Once the pumpkin spice lattés are out, the holiday season has officially begun. This year, Real Card Studio has three striking new holiday, Christmas and New Year card designs that we think you will fall madly in love with.

Since I have officially fallen for letterpress printing on cherry veneer, this first card might be my favorite. In fact, this is my own personal holiday card. Art Deco inspired type, because this year Christmas is going to be all about The Great Gatsby. (I cannot wait for the movie to come out!) The lettering looks amazing in gold ink on both the wood card and the black gold glitter envelope. But the pairing is really tied together by this amazing, sort of native patterned liner in reds, black and gold. I think it unites the rustic look of the cherry wood card with the glamour of the black and gold envelope. If Daisy Buchanan had seen this holiday card, I think she would have said: "It makes me sad because I've never seen such - such beautiful cards before."  (Sorry, that was a corny Great Gatsby reference. Couldn't help myself.)

"Lychee" holiday card by Real Card Studio. Available for custom order in stores starting October 3. Photographed by Fresh Outtakes.